Tuesday, March 29, 2016

#DoDeoBetter Dry Spray.. Worth the Hype?!

What's up everyone?!! My most recent vox box from +Influenster is the +Walgreens Unilever Dry Spray VoxBox. This box was really cool because it was a his-and-hers box, so I received a full sized product for myself and my boyfriend. I received these products for free for testing purposes in exchange for an honest review. 


Both of these products claim that they last for 48 hours and that they apply as dry without residue. The men's dry spray is a non-irritant formula, and the women's formula is made for sensitive skin. However, both of these products contain 20.2% aluminum chlorohydrate, so if you're allergic/intolerant to aluminum then you may want to steer clear of these products. 

Overall, reviews on Walgreens' and Dove's website average a 4 to 4.5 star rating. Most of the reviewers are impressed with the smell of these products, as well as the the fact that it really is a dry spray. The directions on the bottle(s) say that you should hold the nozzle at least six inches from your underarm so that the spray is dry when it's applied. If it's held any closer to the skin (I've tried this to see the difference), then the spray will initially apply slightly wet, and then it will dry within thirty seconds. I also didn't notice any residue with this spray either, so that's a plus. 


This product smells absolutely wonderful. It's a very specific scent of green tea and cucumber (just like cucumber melon perfume to me), but it's mellow; and it's only strong when you apply the product -- after spraying it on the underarm, the scent fades significantly. I noticed on Dove's website that some of the dissatisfied buyers/users of this product were unsatisfied with this scent, and that they didn't like inhaling the aerosol. I would say that if you're sensitive to certain scents, then maybe this product isn't for you, but for me I didn't have issues with the aerosol or the scent.


I couldn't find the exact tones of this scent, except that it's a subtle, crisp smell, which I would agree with. There's definitely a clean smell to this product, which is nice. It's not very strong either. It's much like the Cool Essentials spray, in that the scent is the strongest when you're spraying it, and then it dies down rapidly after it's been sprayed. My boyfriend liked the smell of this and I did, too.

So. The pros of these products are: 
  1. They both smell great, but they're not over the top. (However, if you're sensitive to certain smells or aerosol, then you should exercise caution.)
  2. They both apply dry when you hold the nozzle six inches away from the underarm.
  3. They do not leave residue on your underarm or clothes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final thoughts: Do these products live up to their claims?

Even with the pros, I (and my boyfriend) do not care for these products. At the most on my work days, my dry spray lasted four hours. By the time I was off work, I was sweaty and I was developing an odor. So for me, I just don't think it is worth the six dollars to buy this solely for the 48 hour protection, because I didn't get that long-lasting protection. My boyfriend had the same issue, and he had to keep re-applying the spray in between his college classes. 

Now, my boyfriend and I already have special needs for our skin (I have an intolerance to aluminum, and he has overactive sweat glands), so I feel that our issues are unique to us, but regardless this is my honest opinion on mine and my boyfriend's experience with these products. 

So, that's my review! I hope that this was informative enough for you guys. If you've tried these products, or similar dry sprays, then give me your opinions in the comments!! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.