Hey, everyone! Three weeks ago I received yet another vox box from +Influenster! This box was sponsored by +L'Oreal Paris, and I received these products (shampoo, conditioner, an oil serum, and two coupons) for free in exchange for an honest review.
This box focuses on a new formula from L'Oreal's Advanced Haircare line called Extraordinary Oil (and there's also a formula for curly hair). I'm a frequent L'Oreal user (specifically with their hair care and their mascara), so I had a feeling that I would like these products. I have a video review on my Youtube channel if you'd like to hear me talk about it, but if you've seen it already then I'm about to be repetitive (sorry!).
This product line is designed for users who have dry or course hair, and my hair is dry and course so these products have worked so well for me. The formula has a six-oil complex: coconut, argan, sunflower, chamomile, soja (soybean), and amla (indian gooseberry) oil. For any other frequent L'Oreal users, I liken these products to the Hair Expertise Evercreme Intense Nourishing line, as well as the Oleo Therapy Oil-Infused line (which has a blend of 6 flower oils in the formula).
Both of these products are tailored to nourish dry/course hair, as well, but these products differ from the Extraordinary Oil formula in some ways:
- For one, I personally prefer the packaging of the Extraordinary Oil products. These products are more functional and easier to use. I don't know why, but the Hair Expertise shampoo bottles are sooo difficult to squeeze. When I try to squeeze the product out of the bottle, I still don't get much out, and those types of bottles are prone to leakage. Whereas, with the Extraordinary Oil bottles, the product comes out of the bottle easily and cleanly, and they stay closed after using them.
- The Extraordinary Oil products lather and distribute into to your hair easily. Honestly, the shampoo is a little runny, but this doesn't compromise the quality of the product at all. If anything, just start off by using less product, and add more if you need to -- a little goes a long way! Adversely, the conditioner is actually thick (almost the consistency if a Hask hair mask, or a conditioning treatment like the three minute treatments from Aussie). The directions for the conditioner say that you should leave the product in your hair for 1-3 minutes before you rinse it out, which is a good estimate. If you have thick hair, you need to allow your conditioner to soak in your hair so that you can get some moisture.
- I just think that my hair feels so clean after using these products. The Hair Expertise line is great for de-frizzing (and they smell good!), but I feel that the products still leave residue in your hair. With the Extraordinary Oil products, I feel that the formula is both clarifying and nourishing.
Out of the three products I received, my favorite item is the Lustrous Oil Serum. The oil complex in this product is little different, as it contains gardenia and rose oil instead of amla and argan oil. I'm a big fan of hair oils (it is a life-saver for thick/dry/course-haired people), and this product works just as well as my favorites (Marc Anthony Argan Oil Treatment and Hask Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Shine Oil). Here is what's so special about the Lustrous Oil Serum, though: the directions suggest that you can use the serum before you shampoo..
What? That's weird.
But listen, ya'll. If you use the serum before you shampoo, then it actually becomes a primer for your shampoo and conditioner. Don't get me wrong, the products work just fine without using the serum first, but I like using it this way because I just feel like my hair receives the shampoo and conditioner even better. The shampoo lathers even more, so you could actually use even less shampoo and then it'll last longer. I still use the serum after showering, because my hair is so dry. I use about 3-4 pumps of oil every time I apply it.
Here's a better close-up of the Lustrous Oil Serum:
So that's about it! I highly recommend this product line. It's affordable and effective, and it's like a deep treatment for your hair. Give it a shot :)
Here's my hair after using L'Oreal's Extraordinary Oil products:
Happy Shampooing!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.