Right around this time of the year, most of us are hitting up Starbucks or our favorite local coffee shop to get a pumpkin spice latte or a hot herbal tea for a chilly morning. Have you ever considered what this little routine would smell like if it were in a two ounce bottle?
Well...
I'm not crazy!! I'm just here to review another amazing product from Influenster that I received for free for testing purposes! :) (If anyone is interested in joining Influenster there's a button on the top right hand side of this page. )
This review is for Yves Saint Laurent's newest fragrance, Black Opium.
As quoted on Fragrantica, this perfume carries a black currant aroma, but at "the heart" of Black Opium is "the key ingredient," which is "coffee," and the fragrance becomes even "fresher with jasmine tea notes and luminous sweet orange blossom."
All of you lovely readers will soon find out that I'm an avid coffee drinker (I'll eventually type a post about my favorites roasts and/or drinks), and testing a perfume that has a key note of coffee is right up my ally. For me it's a very comforting scent, because I drink coffee so much. I brew my own coffee at home, but nothing beats the artsy, fragrant atmosphere that you get with a coffee shop.
I had to review this product for Nordstrom and Sephora, and in both of my reviews, I said that YSL seems to have encapsulated the smell of a coffee shop in this bottle. If you've been in enough coffee shops, then I'm sure that you're familiar with the lovely smell of coffee and herbal tea brewing.
Even if you're not a coffee fan, the jasmine and orange blossom notes in this fragrance are still comforting, because these are prevalent flavors in herbal teas such as white tea, green tea, and oolong tea.
This is the first product that I've tried from Yves Saint Laurent (makeup, perfume, or otherwise), and it's been a great first experience. This product ranges in price from $25-$115 on Sephora, and it's on sale for $22.50-$103.50 on Nordstrom right now. The rollerball is currently sold out Sephora, but not on Nordstrom.
In conclusion, if you like sultry, romantic scents: then this is the perfume for you. But even if you don't typically like coffee scents, I would still suggest trying this, it's a very unique fragrance. I personally don't prefer scents with black currant, there's just something about it that usually irritates my nose, but the prevalence of the coffee and floral notes makes this fragrance worth the buy. For me, I really don't even smell the black currant that much.
As you guys begin stocking up on fall must haves (brown boots, infinity scarves, and flannel shirts), grab a bottle of Black Opium to complete your look!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.